Polk County’s “Weekend Work Release” is an alternative sentencing program offered by the Polk County Jail. Instead of serving a Polk jail sentence in jail, you may be eligible to serve your sentence on the weekends. This is something you need your PolkCounty criminal defense lawyer to negotiate for you with the prosecutor or criminal court. Instead of serving your time on the weekends so that you do not miss any work and can keep your job.
The rules of the Polk Weekend Work Release program are as follows:
- You must report to the Polk County Jail Stockade at 2466 Clower Lane East, Bartow, by no later than 7:45 a.m. and stay until 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (phone No.:519-4707). Sometimes, a defense attorney can negotiate that you serve your time only one day per weekend.
- You are not to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or hung over. You would be surprised how many people do show up in this state!
- You are to bring $20.00 each day to pay toward the cost of your supervision.
- You are to bring a sack-lunch each day.
- You must satisfactorily do the work that the deputy sheriff at the Polk County Jail assigns to you.
- There are no unexcused absences, because, this program is a privilege.
- Any explanation of an unexcused absence must be accompanied by emergency room medical records, obituary and funeral notes, or other confirmation documentation. Without such document an explanation will not be heard or considered.
- You are not to call the judge’s secretary to try to change any of the above conditions.
Any violations of these conditions will result in you having to do your Polk county jail time as straight time. That means that if you were sentenced to 20 days weekend work release, and mess up, arrive late, do not do the work, or violate the program rules in any way, the deputies will take you into custody and you WILL serve your time in jail for the remainder of your sentence and WILL be taken into custody immediately. If you do not appear for your weekend work release, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
Having to work at your regular job on Saturday or Sunday is not a valid excuse for missing any work release.
Call and speak to Thomas C. Grajek, an experienced Polk county criminal defense attorney, to see if you qualify for this program and whether this program may keep you out of jail and save your job.
Also, if you have violated your Polk Weekend Work Release and there is a warrant outstanding for your arrest, call an aggressive criminal defense lawyer to learn what option are available to you.
CALL AND SET YOUR FREE OFFICE CONSULTATION NOW!
Office – Lakeland, Polk County.
Thomas C. Grajek 863-688-4606