Traffic Tickets, Traffic Infractions, Criminal Traffic
My criminal defense law firm handles all traffic tickets whether it is a civil traffic infraction or a criminal traffic ticket. Hire an experienced Florida traffic ticket attorney to handle your case so that your driving record, job/employment, car insurance rates, and criminal history are not adversely affected. My criminal defense law firm defends and litigates all of the following traffic tickets:
- Driving under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving While License Suspended (DWLS)
- No Valid Driver’s License
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident (personal injury, serious bodily injury, or death)
- Expired Driver’s License
- Reckless Driving (a criminal offense)
- Careless Driving – Florida Statute 316.1925
- Careless Driving with Serious Bodily Injury
- Traffic Infractions requiring a mandatory court appearance
- Attached Tag Not Assigned
- Improper Lane Change
- Failure to Maintain Single Lane
- DUI Manslaughter
- Possession of Suspended License
- Possession of Duplicate License
- Driving While License Suspended Habitual Traffic Offender (H.T.O.)
- Failure to Yield
- Noise Violation
- Window Tint Violation
- Toll Violations
- Seat Belt Violations
- Red Light Camera Violations
If you need to pay a traffic ticket in Polk County, Florida there are a few options available to you:
1. You can call 1-877-1781 and pay by credit card by calling the Polk County automated Traffic Citation payment System.
2. You can pay online at the link2gov website (it is a .com website)
3. You can pay by mail by sending payment to:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Polk County, Florida
PO Box 9000, Drawer CC-10
Bartow, FL 33831-9000You can pay by mail by sending
4. You can pay in person by visiting the Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court’s office at one of the following locations:
255 N. Broadway Ave. Bartow, FL 33830
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Lakeland Branch Courthouse
930 E. Parker St. Room 240
Lakeland, FL 33801
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00pmWinter Haven and Haines City Branch’s
Northeast Polk County Government Center
3425 Lake Alfred Road 7 Gill Jones Plaza
Winter Haven, Fl 33881 (863) 401-2400
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Each case is different and unique based upon the individual facts of your case. Call now to set up your free consultation with a traffic ticket attorney in Florida so we can answer any questions you may have regarding your criminal case.
Traffic Tickets Requiring a Mandatory Court Appearance
Even though the police officer or deputy wrote you a civil infraction, it may require that you make an appearance in court before a judge or magistrate. These are serious traffic infractions.
Under Florida statute 318.19, a person issued a traffic citation for the following infractions must appear in court:
- Any infraction which results in an accident or crash that causes “serious bodily injury”
- Any infraction that results in a crash or accident that causes the death of another
- Failure to stop for a school bus when children are present
- Load from vehicle dropping, shifting, falling, dropping, or blowing away
- Speeding ticket in excess of 30 mph of the speed limit
Florida Law Requires a Court Appearance for Some Traffic Violations
Under Florida Statute 318.14, any person who is found to have committed the traffic infraction causing death must be fined $1,000.00 and the person’s driver’s license must be suspended for 6 months! That’s why you need a defense Florida traffic ticket lawyer.
Under Florida Statute 318.14, any person who is found to have committed the traffic infraction causing serious bodily injury must be fined $500.00 and the person’s driver’s license must be suspended for 3 months!
If the judge determines that no traffic infraction was committed, no costs or penalties shall be imposed and there is no driver’s license suspension. Call now and speak to an experienced florida traffic ticket lawyer who can help protect your driver’s license and wallet! You may not even have to attend court and I can resolve your case without ever going to court!
Contact an Attorney for Traffic Violations & Speeding Tickets Today
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS…CALL AND SET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!
Lakeland, FL (863) 838-5549
Tampa, FL (813) 789-6404
A non-criminal traffic incident that involves death or serious harm to another person. Not having insurance at the time of a crash. A vehicle carrying a load that hasn’t been covered properly. Speeding at least 30mph over the limit.
Traffic infractions are offenses that aren’t considered crimes. If you’re guilty of an infraction, you cannot be jailed; the penalty is a fine.
If you ignore traffic tickets, you could face severe consequences and be issued with a warrant for “Failure to Appear” or your driver’s license may be suspended. If you continue to ignore outstanding traffic tickets, you could face higher penalties and fines.