Sex Crimes are unlike other criminal cases. These crimes are now some of the most serious charges an individual can face.
The public and, more importantly, a jury’s perception of an individual accused of a sex crime is usually one of outrage. I have experience handling sex crime cases like child pornography, statutory rape, and sexual assault. The jury’s attitude towards a citizen accused of any type of sexual crime, especially involving children, is harsh to say the least. If you are innocent, I want to help prove it. These are some of the type of cases I take:
- Possession of Child Pornography (Computer Pornography)
- Capital Sexual Battery
- Lewd or Lascivious Molestation
- Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition
- Traveling to Meet a Minor or Dateline to “Catch a Predator” Cases
- Jimmy Ryce Civil Commitment Cases for Sexually Violent Predators
- Transmission of Material Harmful to a Minor Child
- Sexual Battery – Rape
- Failure to Register as a Sexual Predator or Sexual Offender
- Kidnapping a Child under age 13
- False Imprisonment Child under 13
- Unlawful Sexual Activity with certain minors
- Lewd or Lascivious Conduct
- Sexual Performance by a Child
- Transmission of Pornography
Many sex crimes carry severe mandatory penalties such as 25 year minimum mandatory prison sentences. If convicted of a sex crime, an individual may be designated a Sexual Predator or a Sexual Offender requiring an individual to register with the State of Florida as such. The classification prevents where you can live and work. If an individual classified as a Sexual Offender or Sexual Predator fails to register or abide by many of the conditions required by the statute, they face additional felony criminal charges and potential prison time or supervision.
Sex Crimes also operate under different Rules of Evidence than other criminal cases. These differences make it more difficult to defend these cases. For example, Child Hearsay is admissible in sex cases if certain requirements are met by the prosecutor. Williams Rules evidence (Similar Fact Evidence) is also easier to enter into evidence against a defendant in a sex case. I have experience arguing against the admission of these types of evidence in sex cases.
I am an aggressive attorney with experience handling and trying Sex Cases. Call and set your free consultation immediately. If you suspect that you may be under investigation for a Sex Crime or any other crime, call and set a free office consultation so you know your rights and can protect yourself.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS…CALL AND SET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!
Lakeland, FL (863) 838-5549
Tampa, FL (813) 789-6404