Criminal Defense Attorney in Pasco County


Thomas C. Grajek View Profile

Sometimes you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. When this happens, you could find you have been arrested and are facing a criminal charge in Pasco County. It is understandable that you are uncertain what to do next. The best thing you can do to help yourself at this point is to contact a criminal defense attorney. Not only will you need someone to defend you, you need someone who knows your rights and can help make sure those rights are protected. Remember, just because you have been arrested and charged with a crime does not mean you are guilty. Also, there is no benefit to pleading “no contest” because that means you will have a criminal record.

Actions and Consequences

You had a few drinks after work, and you decided rather than risk a drunk driving charge you would walk home. You decided to cut through a construction site because it helped reduce the time it took you to get home. What you did not anticipate was a police officer patrolling the grounds. You are stopped by the officer and now you are facing a misdemeanor trespass charge. Yes, you avoided a DUI charge but now, you find yourself needing to defend against a trespass charge and there is also a possibility you will be charged with disorderly intoxication as well.

Skilled Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help

There is a good chance you are unfamiliar with the legal issues you are facing in this situation. This is why it is important for you to contact a Pasco County criminal defense attorney immediately. Not only will an attorney make sure you understand the charges you are facing, they will serve as your advocate, your defender, and help provide a strategy for fighting back.

Remember, facts matter. Your attorney will review your case and help you determine what steps you should take to clear your name, and help make sure you are not facing jail time or steep fines. Remember, even a misdemeanor charge could result in up to a year in jail or steep fines. A guilty finding could also impact other aspects of your life including your ability to secure a job, keep a security clearance, and may even have an impact on your ability to secure housing.

Mounting a Defense Against Misdemeanor Charges

One of the first things your criminal defense lawyer will do is determine if the arresting officer violated any of your rights under the Florida or U.S. Constitution. You may think once you have been arrested there is no way to fight back even if the officer did something wrong. This is not correct because even after being arrested, you do have certain rights which must be acknowledged by law enforcement.

When you are charged with a misdemeanor trespass charge, the first thing the prosecutor must prove is you willfully violated the law. Making a simple mistake is always a defense available in this type of case. If you did not see a sign posted prohibiting you from cutting through the site, we may be able to have the charges against you dismissed. After all, if there is no signage warning you entering the grounds would constitute trespassing, you have no way of knowing that ahead of time.

Aggressive Advocacy and Willing to Litigate

When you need someone to help you fight back against a criminal charge, you want a Pasco County criminal defense attorney who will not only advocate on your behalf, but if they are unable to get the charges against you dropped, you want them to go to court and fight hard on your behalf. That means you want an attorney with a proven track record on two fronts — first getting charges dropped or reduced, and litigating misdemeanor criminal charges successfully.

Areas of Practice

Charges I defend include:

Contact A Pasco County Defense Attorney Today

Facing a criminal charge, even a misdemeanor one, is never easy. However, you can count on Thomas C. Grajek, a skilled criminal defense attorney in Pasco County to help fight back. You need a criminal defense attorney with a proven track record, one who cares about his clients, and will do everything possible to make sure you understand the facts of your case. 

Call (813) 789-6404 now to schedule a free consultation or send me an email to request an appointment time that works best for you.