Driving with a Suspended License
DON’T LOSE YOUR FLORIDA DRIVER’S LICENSE FOR 5 YEARS!
UNDO A 5 YEAR HABITUAL DRIVER’S LICENSE SUSPENSION!
Contact me immediately, before you go to court for a traffic offense to help insure that you do not lose your driver’s license for 5 years! OR, if you are under a Florida “Habitual Traffic Offender” suspension, call me to see is you qualify and I can assist you in getting your full license restored, or in obtaining a hardship driver’s license.
Under Florida statute 322.264, a “Habitual Traffic Offender” is a driver who, in a 5 year period, has obtained 3 or more of the the following convictions:
- Voluntary or Involuntary Manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Any felony where the person used a motor vehicle to commit the crime or criminal offense
- Driving While License Suspended (DWLS)
- Failure to stop and render aid during a motor vehicle accident or crash resulting in death or serious bodily injury of another
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle while your privilege to drive was disqualified, or
- Obtaining 15 convictions for moving traffic offenses for which points may be assessed
Out-of-state traffic violations count toward a 5 year habitual license suspension. If you arrested for driving while your license is suspended for being a Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO), it is a felony of the third degree punishable by up to 5 years in prison under Florida Criminal statute 322.34.That’s why it is so important for you to call a suspended license lawyer!
What does all that complicated legal language mean?
Basically, if in any 5 year period, you get 3 convictions for any combination of those traffic offenses above, you lose your Florida driver’s license for 5 years! You need a driver license suspension lawyer like me who knows how to get you back on the road so you can regain your independence. There are many ways to rack up three traffic violations in a five year period. Even if they are minor, you could lose your license.
- 2007 you plead guilty to Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- 2009 you plead No Contest to a criminal charge of Driving While License Suspended (DWLS)
- 2011 you plead No Contest to a civil infraction for Driving While License Suspended (DWLS) and are adjudicated guilty
UNDER THAT EXAMPLE, YOUR LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR 5 YEARS AS A HABITUAL TRAFFIC OFFENDER!!!
Can a 5 year HTO driver’s license suspension be undone so you can get your license back?
SOMETIMES! Call me today to see if I can get your driver’s license reinstated!
The Example above:
In the example above, I can file a motion on your behalf requesting the court to withhold adjudication on the civil DWLS case. This would remove the 5 year suspension and restore your full driving privileges!
PROTECT YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE! CALL NOW AND SET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY FOR LICENSE SUSPENSION SO WE CAN PROTECT YOUR LICENSE OR GET YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE RESTORED!
Lakeland, FL (863) 838-5549
Tampa, FL (813) 789-6404
Lutz, FL (727) 457-8660
Polk County, FL (863) 688-4606.
Pasco County, FL (863) 688-4606