Polk County Felony Defense Law Firm Explains Levels Of Felonies
Below is a list of the felony crimes in Florida according to their Offense Level under the Florida Sentencing Guidelines. Click on each Level to see where the crime you are accused of committing is ranked under Florida’s Criminal Punishment Code Scoresheet.
The Scoresheet is extremely important in an accused’s Polk County, FL criminal case. The criminal Scoresheet guideline tells an arrested person:
- Is the arrested person scoring out to prison?
- How much Florida state prison time is the defendant scoring out to?
- Can the Scoresheet be changed so the accused does not score out to prison time?
- What is the formula used to calculate a defendant’s points?
- Why is 44 points so important?
- Does a point equal a month in prison?
Is the Scoresheet more important than the degree of felony an arrested person is charged with?
Call Thomas Grajek, an experienced Lakeland Criminal attorney for answers to those important questions. Below are links to the list of crimes for each Scoresheet Level:
- Level 10 Felonies: 116 points
- Level 9 Felonies: 92 points
- Level 8 Felonies: 74 points
- Level 7 Felonies: 56 points
- Level 6 Felonies: 36 points
- Level 5 Felonies: 28 points
- Level 4 Felonies: 22 points
- Level 3 Felonies: 16 points
- Level 2 Felonies: 10 points
- Level 1 Felonies: 4 points
If a person accused of a felony crime scores 44 points or more, the arrested person is scoring a prison sentence. Call and see if the crimes you are charged with amount to 44 points under the Florida Sentencing Guidelines.
Call and set an appointment so I can prepare a Scoresheet for your criminal case and see what you score out to and what your guideline sentence will be. This is where the term “bottom of the guidelines” comes from in felony criminal court.
Each case is different and unique based upon the individual facts of your case. Call now to set up your free consultation so I can answer any questions you may have regarding your criminal case.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS…CALL AND SET YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED LAKELAND/TAMPA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY!
Lakeland Criminal Lawyer
Bartow Florida Criminal defense
Winter Haven Criminal Attorney
Lakeland, FL (863) 838-5549
Tampa, FL (813) 789-6404Google+